Sales in business are all about generating leads. One of the best ways to get all the leads you can handle is though an email marketing campaign. If you don’t know how to get started with this process, all you need to do is follow these guidelines.
Benefits of email marketing
Email marketing has many benefits including:
- Cost effective
- Builds, maintains, and nurtures business relationships
- Great way to start valuable communications with current and potential clients
The seven-step strategy
Following this seven-step strategy will get you well on your way to creating an effective email campaign
- Define your objectives
As with most parts of life, the best way to approach your email marketing campaign is to define your objectives. So, think about exactly what you want to accomplish your your email blasts and go from there. If you aren’t goal-oriented, you run the risk of alienating your leads rather than enticing them.
- Once you define your goal, you need to decide what type of email to send. Some of the most popular choices include:
- Product and service announcements
- Event invitations
- Manage your lists
Successful email campaigns that produce solid leads come from well-managed contact lists. Some points to keep in mind as you are creating and managing your list include:
– Keep contact information up to date
– Use contact information to personalize and segment your list
– Your most reliable source for building a contact list is your database of contacts
– Do not purchase email lists
– Partner with another company that can complement your email efforts
- Create compelling content and irresistible offers
No one will pay attention to your emails if the content is not interesting. So. you need to make sure the information is compelling. Also, combine the information with valuable offers that will benefit your target market. Your subject line is important, so make sure it is eye catching. Some good examples of favorable content include:
- Case studies
- Industry reports
- Follow best practices such as avoiding spam filters
It is important to follow best practices for your emails to avoid spam filters. To prevent your emails from ending up where your prospects will not see them, avoid the following:
- Suspect subject lines
- Messy HTML codes
- Large attachments
- Words such as “Free”, “New”, “Act Now”, and “Credit”
- Use a professional email service provider
A professional email service provider can offer tools and resources that will help you send effective emails.
- Measure your results
You will never truly know how successful your email campaign is, unless you measure your results. Track your metrics and apply them so they can improve all of your marketing efforts.
- Maximize your content
Use your email marketing content to increase all of your marketing and SEO efforts. Use all of the content your company creates to improve your email campaign and generate strong leads.
These strategies are designed to help you improve your email marketing campaign and increase your lead generation. If you follow them and apply them to your business, you will certainly get positive results.